Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished EOP this morning for about 2 hours. Ended up with 3 pomps and missed 2. I think one of the missed fish was a small shark, it cut me off clean above a floating jig I had on my pomp rig. That floating jig has been like shark candy the last couple of days. Anyways all fish were caught were caught on fresh fleas.

This guy managed to eat both of the fleas I had on a double drop rig and get two perfect hook sets in the same place. Never seen that trick before.

The final tally.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THE AFTERMATH!

Smoked the pomps this evening on the Bubba Keg. All I can say is DELICIOUS!First time I've ever smoked pompano and I have to say it's probably the best smoked fish I've ever had.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yeah, thats a first for me to see the double hook set in the same place like that. I still have some rigs tied with the bleeding circles, and this year I've tied some with the #2 MUTU LIGHT CIRCLE hooks. Haven't really had time to go try out the new rigs, but the water is right and from the looks of all you guys' posts, its Pomp Season!
Great catch!

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shiznik (21/04/2010)this year I've tied some with the #2 MUTU LIGHT CIRCLE hooks.
I've used the #2's before butI usually just use #1's.Mostlybecause somehow I ended up with like 10 packs of them! But if I recall I think I got more hook sets with the #1's vs. the #2's....at least with pompano

fishinknots (21/04/2010)The third one got his mouth torn off.......
Yeah I think that wasthe one that got double hooked. It did a number too it's mought getting those hooks out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts