Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran to the s curves early to fish back west and dint see a single fish and turned back around to go back to the curves
and just past portofino a single popped up 2ft in front of the boat a went down we truned around i spotted the fish
up top ad threw the eel and it was game on, took about 25-30 minutes to boat this 62lber

we then had boat problems and messed around with that for about an hour and finally got it back up and running
we didnt wanna mess around anymore with the pump or whatever the problem was so we decided to run back to
the pass and on the way we were sitting up front while running just looking for the heck of it and about a half mile
past the pier we see a pair while running 30 and stop and turn around and my friend threw an eel and had some reel
malfunction and missed the fish but i threw a jig and hooked up and let him catch his first. both fish in the pair were
about 20lbs apiece. i dont have a pic of the 2nd fish but im sure he will post it

·
Registered
775 Posts
i know how ya feel on the reel malfucntion! the drag locked up on a 60+lb fish last sunday right after my line broke on annother fish the same size if not bigger!! out of the group of 5 i broke 2 off and my buddy caught 1...and it was the smallest fish of the group at 35lbs
it sucked cause all the fish were fighting over my jig both times!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts