Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
left perdidopass this morning around 7 am and headed to the southwest. forecast was 2-3s and they were about right for the morning. choppy ride out but fishable. stopped by marathon jacket for aj's and caught several right away but they were short. figured they were all going to be about this size so we moved on. anchored up on some natural bottom and immediately put a scamp in the box. kept a good bite on the scamp and caught them both butterfly jigging and with squid. i was jigging when my lure got hammered and sent my trevala into the gunnel. after some line pulling and doing battle for a bit up pops the biggest gag any of us had seen. gotthe fish in the boat and it hit the scales at 44 lbs. broke the handle onour scaleas well. time to upgrade. the bite shut down right after that. moved on and tried some new natural bottom areas we had not fished before. thebite was slow but we picked away at some more scamp and a few white snappers. also ran into a shark hole and caught 3 in about 15 minutes. also picked up a baby mako on a freelined mullet. it had some pretty color but is a mean looking fella. seas picked up a little more in the early afternoon and made the long run in.had a good day and finally have some more fish for the freezer.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we were fishing between 205-220 feet throughout the day. the scamp were a good grade. we did catch a few barely legals and let them swim to grow up a little.

·
Registered
332 Posts
nice looking fish. should be some good eats for sure. maybe the east wind will stop by may!!!!!

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
Very, very nice. Good job

1 - 12 of 12 Posts