Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had this reel for years and it’s never had line on it. Now that I finally have my first boat I want to get it set up.

I believe I’ve read on here there are things that can be done to the reel to make it outperform it’s out-of-the-box self.

Can someone suggest either DIY options, or even a pro that I’d be willing to take it to.

Thanks

·
OCD Reel Service/Repair
6,305 Posts
I have had this reel for years and it’s never had line on it. Now that I finally have my first boat I want to get it set up.

I believe I’ve read on here there are things that can be done to the reel to make it outperform it’s out-of-the-box self.

Can someone suggest either DIY options, or even a pro that I’d be willing to take it to.

Thanks
I have done many upgrades to these reels. So many that it can get real expensive quickly. I have built a few for my self that have barely no Penn parts left in them.

You can have a 4/0 reel with 50lbs of usable drag but not much will be left of the original reel.

The reel has a 5 stack of drag washers. I can add a 7 stack easily. That will give you around 30lbs of drag. If the reel is a graphite half frame that will not take it. The reels with posts will be Ok.

Just PM me please. Keith Rawson

Attachments

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
That Pro you're looking for, thats him answering your question above, take it to Keith and let him do it, he's the best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts