Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, me an Oxbeast and his wife went out tonight... And yes I was wearing 1 of my infamous fishing outfits!!!! After getting loaded up and getting some Popeye's (mmmmmm:thumbsup:mmmmmmm) we headed to the launch there at the train trussel. The winds were blowing purty good and the water was a bit choppy, but nothing the CAT couln't handle!!!:rolleyes::whistling: After the long haul to the middle grounds of the bridge :whistling: :rolleyes:we anchored down and threw out some squid. Oscar was using a jig and he hooked up 1st w/ a white trout:thumbsup:
2012-09-07_19-12-29_30.jpg

We started catching a bunch of croaker/whites and in the live well they went....Oscar's wife caught a 1/2 lb pin fish that she put the mojo on to help catch the only shark of the night!
DSC07065.jpg
DSC07069.jpg
DSC07068.jpg
DSC07071.jpg

While sharking, we started seeing alot of slapping on the water....we trew out some topwaters/rattle traps/poppers and started catching the wonderful poor mans tarpon!!!:shifty:;) Chumming and using halfs trying to catch some more toothy critters, we had a couple runs but nothing committed!:mad: The shark was released to fight another day....

All in all was a purty good night, not real heavy action but purty consistent.:thumbsup::thumbup::thumbsup: It was great to fish w/ Oscar and his wife! I had met Oscar before and made it a point to get a line wet w/ him! Hopefully we'll get back out again before they move out west!:D

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Last night's report is at the top now!!!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Thanks for the trip Jason we had fun.
My next boat will have a 4 stroke!
Kelly says your hallarious .Sorry we are old souls and get sleepy early haha.
Ive never purposly targeted toothy critters but when I get back I will for sure !

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oscar, it was a good night brother! Hopefully we'll get back out! I know you'll stay connected on here while you are out west showing off all the fine fishies you'll be catching!!!

·
Super Moderator
28,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Orta see him in matching shorts....:D
Hey, them shorts were color coordinated to the shirt.....just didn't want to be to LOUD on a 1st time fishing w/ Oscar and his wife:whistling:;):thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts