Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the moon, clear sky, and lack of wind it was almost impossible not to hit the bridge alst night. One white trout all night. Used the MinnKota to work up one side and back (all on the Pcola side of the big hump) to the launch at 17th. Nofish busting the surface, no sight fishing, nothing breaking the surface, strong outgoing tide, lots of surface slicks still coming from up river. It was as flat as a bathtub and a bit chilly. Worked DOA shrimp, various jigs, and gold spoons. The gold spoons were awesome and brought2 reds on board with 2 other hookups that got away. 34-36 inch and VERY FAT! The last one broke my carbon steel titanium wal-mart special net- it was a dramastic event! Here you go, enjoy...

The one above was from last week....

The fight is ON!!!

BoooooYahhhh!!!

Big Fatty above....(no, the fish, not William...)

It was a great night- more reds caught than beer drank!

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I agree, looks like you had a very "dramastic" night of fishing. Can't beat those gold spoons. Mind if I ask what size? I prefer 1/4oz for most inshore/back-country applications. Were you guys using something bigger?

Thanks for the report,

Alex

·
Registered
605 Posts
Outstanding ! Congrats that had to have been a blast!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The current was ripping through there and my spoon appeared to be too light- There were no pics of me, but william was using a 3/4 mirro lure gold (we think). I had a johnson gold spoon unsure of weight but it was less than 3/4 apparently.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Some nice looking Reds Glad you got out, The trout seem to have Slowed down a little my Step Dad & Uncle went Yesterday also Some Small Trout but no reds,Still Wish I could have went:banghead

·
Banned
464 Posts
Hugh Bull!!! Gotta get on the water!!! good report!!:clap:clap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts