Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3MB Wednesday night and a few from earlier this month (nothing like King Glasstronix!)

NOAA report gave a "smooth" prediction earlier this week for Wednesday, so I planned on heading out. NOAA was a little off in the timing, and when I hit the water at 8:15 pm the wind and waves were kicking! 8:30 picked up a fishin' partner and headed to the Gulf Breeze side to try and avoid the wind and waves. tough going until about 10:30. Left the gulf breeze side and went back to some regular spots (it's a secret- but I can give you a hint- look for the lights, look for big reds splashing- and cast at them)

Then the fun began- the water got smooth, trout starting hitting, reds starting busting the surface, and it was ON! Gold spoon was the king and they had a lot more fight in them thatn they did in the cold months.

First one in was a 36" and I though he had me beat a few times on my 10 lb line

Next, brought in a small shark on a tasty white trout.

Then Jimmy started throwing his gold spoon- another long fight.

Last one was on a DOA glow in the dark shrimp- Jimmy strikes again!

Enjoy this pics, suprised to catch the bulls at the bridge still this late, but VERY happy they were there. A few pics from earlier in April and even a recent crawfish boil! (I caught ALL of the crawfish myself on very small hooks with 1lb test line)

Have a good one!

·
Registered
591 Posts
RE: 3MB Wednesday night and a few from earlier this month (nothing like King Glasstronix!)

Great report man, glad to hear that they are still out there!!!!Did you guys try tossingany top water at them? We have been slaying them on top water lately.It was cool bumping into you the other night, hope to see you again soon.

·
Registered
849 Posts
RE: 3MB Wednesday night and a few from earlier this month (nothing like King Glasstronix!)

Nice batch o' fish!!

Finally, here, too. My first this year....Love the feelin of the heavy pulldown!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yep- still there! Jimmy started throwing a top water at them while I started off with the spoon. He only got two casts in when my spoon hooked up and he got his rig all tangled up trying to get it reeled in and out of the way of mine who decided to run. He never got it straightened back out and moved to a spoon too. Be safe and I'm sure i'll see you guys out there again soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts