Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I designed and built these rod holdersespescially for our bridge. Need input on pricing and any other design features. Patent applied for!

Don't let your rod get damaged by leaning them like this!!!

Put them up securely!!! Would you pay $30 for this all aluminum holder?

Close up of clamp.

This is a deluxe version with it angled for a trolley rig and small starboard rigging bait area.

What do ya'll think about $75.

Also just the clamps will be available for diy guys to bolton boards for longer cleaning tables

or bolt on your your own pvc pipe holders. How about $15 per clamp.

We will also have a longer bottomless pipe mount for an umbrella holder!!

:usaflag:usaflag

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
IF I WAS GOING TO EVER GOING TOFISH FROM THE BRIDGE I WOULD GET A COUPLE OF THEM. THATS SOME REAL GOOD DESIGN WORK. YOU SHOULD DO GOOD WITH THEM CAUSE ALL THE OLD WOODEN ONE'S THAT HAVEN'T ROTTED ARE NOW USELESS. GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Those look good as is.

The only thing I might do is to look at one design that would work on the 3MB, Pensacola Fishing Pier as well as the Navarre Pier and the Gulf Shores Pier. A universal one of sorts with maybe the lower hook held to the vertical portion with a slot and wingnut for adjustment???

Then you could have them in stock at the pier vendors shops.

Did your shop build all of that 3MB railing??

·
Registered
869 Posts
I like the design but, I'm wondering if you get a good fish on, and go to pull the rod out of the rodholder, what will keep the rodholder from coming off the railing and possibly falling in the water...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are lock pins for the bottom of the rod holders so they can not move or tilt over. The angle of the line will never pull the rod up and out of the holders but like always a lanyard is recomended. I had also thought about the rental thing and will most likely be the best application!!!:usaflag

1 - 18 of 18 Posts