Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hit up 3 mile last night with wade (true king) chris (private pilot) and two other buddies. got out and the reds were there of course, not too thick but they were there. i think between the 5 of us we caught 12. i caught one on topwater, one trolling a rattle trap and one on a gulp shrimp on a jig head. got home at midnight and woke up at 6 to go offshore.....see following report

·
Super Moderator
29,553 Posts
Looks like a great night!!! Curious on what are the regs on yak'n at night??? Lighting and all??? I'd be worried bout them boats slinging around that bridge at night....

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nice job guys.

Jason, you need to have a 360degree white light on at all times plus an additional signaling light. I usually have 3 total, 360 and 2 signaling lights.

Alex

·
Registered
879 Posts
So that who was out there Saturday night. I put the yak in just as Bloody Waters was making bait at the launch and I paddled out in hopes of beating him to the reds. To my surprise we had an impromptu armada on our hands. It was neat seeing that many kayakers out there. I was the guy in the blue Tarpon 160 that blasted by you guys to give you some room to fish. I ended up going 4 for 7 hooked.

As for watching out for boaters, yes there are some dodos out there and you need to keep your eyes peeled. Luckily most boats are going slow if they are next to the bridge and you are fishing in the lights so you are pretty visible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Alex, the lighting is definitely a good idea, and is something I need to get for mine, but 1 flashlight or lantern is all that is required by law.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts