Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy caught a nice 37lb amberjack yesterday off Navarre pier. The pic is on their Facebook page and I don't know how to post pics, but I'm sure someone will post it to this thread.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Ive been a regular on Navarre Pier for over 40 years and that's a new one on me! Never seen or heard of an aj that big caught off any on our piers.
Good Job to the angler!

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
That thing is loooong and lean and I bet it was mean! Awesome catch from the pier, especially with all that structure to hit on the way in

·
Super Moderator
28,115 Posts
DANG!!!! That's SWEET!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
have seen them off caught off the panama city pier back in 95 most 25in or so but a few keepers it was 28 back then or maybe less i didnt even have access to a boat so i wouldnt have known just remember 2 keepers that is the biggest by far it looks sick the head looks like it should weigh 50+ the body looks like 25 just wondered how it fought great catch off the pier remember piers are huge reefs i have heard of yellow fin around them all sails and dolphin are common these days the only fish i have caught within a mile of the beach that never seem to get caught off the piers is a wahoo wonder when that will happen anyway nice catch

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I fished off panama city one summer and there was a 75+ ambo hanging out....he never hit while I was there.....The 37 is the biggest I've seen landed of any gulf coast pier..........Great catch......

·
Registered
328 Posts
i was there. it was caught right up on the beach. it had a couple holes in it and was extremely sickly!! should have weighed 50 poounds

1 - 20 of 27 Posts