Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided that we just do not have the time to rebuild our 34' boat. I'll post pics as soon as I can. Just thought that maybe you guys might know someone who would be interested in the whole package or just the parts.

The boat is a 1973 34' Silverton/Luhrs hull (they were both made in the same factory/molds back then - popped one out and sent it to Silverton, popped the next one out and it went to Luhrs) 11 layers of hand laid fiberglass thick mat. They don't make them like that anymore.

The trailer is a tripple axle MYCO with full hydraulics (brakes, jack...) We called MYCO and were informed that it would cost around $40K to have them make that trailer now. It was bought in a surplus auction. It was used to haul the 10 meter SEAL RIBs that had 450 hp Cummins 6-Bs and jet drives.

We also bought the diesels. We obviously don't have the necessary gears as they were attached to jet drives.

We figure the hull isn't worth much to anyone unless they want to take on a project. She'd have to be brought down to hull only, then built back up.

Here's what we're thinking:

Hull: $5,000.

Trailer: $20,000

Diesels: $10,000 each

$40,000 for the whole thing with all of the miscellaneous extras that are on the boat and came with the motors, plus, a 2 ton hydraulic engine lift. Anyone interested in looking at her or know of anyone interested looking at her, let us know. This is obviously our asking price and all items are negotiable, but we have done the research and know about what each part is worth.

Thanks for any help, interest or ideas! Hate to see her go, but with the construction business, the charter business and the occaisional catering job, we don't know whether we're coming or going most of the time. She's a beautiful hull. She planed off with two 350s in her at 220 hp each. We were going to leave her new motors at the 450 as she'd have been loaded down with divers and all of their stuff.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have taken out the 350s and the v-drives that came with her. I'll try to post pics later today. Thanks for the interest. I think we might just sell the diesels to a commercial operation in Louisiana and the trailer to a commercial boat transport company. Not many folks out there - other than the king mack go fast boats - need a 24K trailer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts