Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went camping last Wednesday out at McRee & kept tearing up the hard heads ( it was incredibly annoying!) Anyways I finally landed a nice redI was using light tackle so it was a great fight.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Great job and picsMeagan!!!! was worth wading through all those pesky hard heads....Camping during the week I'm sooo jealous...

Jimmy

·
Registered
848 Posts
That a girl, Meagan! That's one of my favorite areas for them big reds!

Were you in your boat there at Mcrae when you caught that Red or fishing around the jetties?

Was the tide ripping out? I was trolling right by those rock and steel jetties here in my lil boat

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We were actually just in the sound between mcrae & the sugar cube. Just kinda hangin out in the boat with a couple of beers before going to the jetties.

We normally do that though.. float over the jetties, we have hooked up on some huge bulls out there .. normally when the tide is ripping out .. so fun :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Meagan,

That's such a gooddrift and when the tide has just turned... well, you know!

I love your avatar shot of you bowed up! Is that in the pass too?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks :) Yeah that was actually from the first time we ever did that drift.. our bait wouldn't reach the bottom before a fish would hit it. It was one of the best fishing trips ever.. it was last august.. we are hoping to hit it up again next month

1 - 18 of 18 Posts