Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
How can a city foreclose on a house? If someone did something like that to me - I might just decide that I had nothing to lose.

I'm hoping that there is more to this story, though I cannot imagine how they can justify the fine and foreclosing.

·
Registered
4,765 Posts
Somebody wants that property. He is lucky to get legal help without it costing him another chuck of change. I sure hope he wins.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I had a kid mowing a house I own in another state and he decided he didn't want to mow it anymore and didn't let me know. I got a letter from the city that if it wasn't mowed by a certain date they were going to mow it and charge me for it. Well the date was the next day and I didn't have time to find someone new. I just let them mow it and figured it would probably cost me $100. I got a bill from them and they charged me $10. The kid was charging me $20! I called them and asked them if they wanted to mow it every week!!!

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Tell them that he thought he saw a Perdido Key mouse in the grass.

·
Registered
8,886 Posts
I would demand to see the county code that states fines can be imposed on a property for having long grass.
Occasionally there are some bad neighbors who let their place go to hell. From the article, it doesn't sound like this is the case.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
They should do him a go fund me, then vote out or fire everyone that was a part of that. His community should be at city hall raising cain to get that ordinance changed.

·
Jaded Old Phart
5,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
What!? You mean the big bad city ain't just victimizing some poor innocent guy? Funny how sometimes when you hear both sides your opinion does a 180. :whistling:

Sounds like they finally got his attention. :yes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts