Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

308 rifle

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  kmerr80 
#1 ·
I am looking for a lever action 308 rifle. Would appreciate some input on where to look. I was looking at a model 88 Winchester on gunbroker, but saw a henry that looked pretty nice and it was new.

#4 ·
Savage made a lever 308 back in the day. I think it was a model 99.
I had one for a short time and liked it alot. Unfortunately if was relieved from my possession by the local riff raff...

Reactions: submariner
#5 ·
That model 88 is as good as it gets. Carbine that is matched by none when it comes to balance. Look very carefully at the pistol grip curve under the lever to be sure it's solid. I broke mine and had to have it repaired. Only thing that's ever gone wrong with the rifle and I've had it since 1964. Also have a BLR in 7 mag that generally stays in the gun safe unless I'm looking for a loooooong shot.

Reactions: submariner
#7 ·
Some would argue that the BLR isn't a "true" lever action, but I could care less what they think. There are simply no bad things to say about them. Bought 2 of them in the past year if that tells you how I feel about them (one in 7-08, one in .308).

#12 ·
I too had the Browning BLR in .308win, I regret selling it to this day. The great thing about the BLR is it is magazine fed, so you can safely use a wide array of ammunition as opposed to a traditional tube fed lever gun.

I sold my BLR, to upgrade to a BAR in .308win... regret it every day. Lol.

If anyone wants to get rid of a .308win BLR, shoot me a message... I have some long guns/pistols I could part with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.