Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am selling a couple of rifles to fund a new one and i`m leaning towards a 300 wsm. I have a couple of questions.

What is your favorite make and model on the slightly higher end rifle in the 300 wsm?

Whats a good round for it? p.s. i`m not a big fan of balistic tips

thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
a buddy of mine and i both bought the model 70 ultimate shadows a couple years ago. i got the 270wsm and he got the 300wsm. i've shot his many times and it's awesome. kick is barely noticeable compared to mine and the range is obviously noticeable in terms of bullet drop. i'll get back with you on the load but i'm pretty sure it's super X winchesters.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I had a Browning A-bolt Eclipse 1000 with the boss muzzel Break and absolutely loved it. It would shoot under 1/2" at 100 yards with hand loads. Those groups were 5 round groups and I had one shoot just above a quarter of an inch. They are tack drivers out of the box.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have shot a Browning A-bolt and liked it. The kick wasn't much more than my 308. But I really like the SAKO mod. 85

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have the A-Bolt 300 wsm and love the rifle. I have seen several posts on the ballistic tips, but that is all I have put through my gun and have never had to look for a deer(guess I am lucky). My two brothers also shoot the A-Bolt 300, shoot ballistic and have no issues. You may want to check Dicks or Gander Mountain; both of my brothers bought the satin finish/stainless and it is a beautiful gun that is a little more forgiving in the woods environment than my gloss-finished/blued barrel. Regarding the rounds, yet another buddy that hunts in Evergreen with a 300WSM X-Bolt uses only core-lock rounds and he swears by them, and loves the new x-bolt.

Hope this helps and good luck.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have the .325 WSM and gave one of mine son's my .300 WSM both A-Bolts. Check the ballistics on Ammo sights but we shoot 180 gr bonded in the .300 and 200 gr out of the .325. Very pleased and nothing but high regards.

·
Auburn Grad - 1999
3,577 Posts
I have a Browning X-Bolt 300wsm blk on blk. Shoots 150gr core lokts 1" and less all day. That's the only load I've put through it so it may do better with a heavier round. It kicks like a 300 but its not bad. I'm thinking about selling it if your interested. I'm thinking about building a long range rem700 actioned rifle. I bought it summer before last. It may have a box and a half of bullets through it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts