Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
4,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; line-height: 16px; ">Captain Hunter Caballero picked up 12 more yellows Wednesday and 6 yellowfins today (Thursday)..all fsh 30-40 pounds but one 60 pounder from today..he also said they are seeing some oil ?riplines? offshore..no huge spill like the media is telling you and no oil covered sea birds dead turtles, jellyfish or catfish. HEAR YE HEAR YE HEAR YE.?We are catching tuna offshore out of Venice? and lots of them..and They taste great and are safe to eat! The tuna are a bit on the smaller side this time of year but what they lack in size, they make up for in numbers. We fish much lighter tackle for them as well so it is still quite the sporting battle.

Long story short, "if it doesn't bleed, it doesn't read." Aka the media has no idea what they're talking about and has embellished this whole oil thing quite a bit. The tuna fishing is red hot right now out of Venice. Let's all hope this new apparatus they are dropping onto the wellhead as we speak, works. They say it can direct up to 85% of the oil up to a tanker on the surface. Let's hope it works. Will have pictures tomorrow or the next day.

Captain Woody Woods

·
Fishing Goddess
1,072 Posts
Nice to hear good news out of Venice. As far as the tunatasting great...well I think you should bring some to Pensacola on your next visit and I'll be the judge of that :shedevil

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
on the rocks (08/05/2010)Nice to hear good news out of Venice. As far as the tunatasting great...well I think you should bring some to Pensacola on your next visit and I'll be the judge of that :shedevil
X2.....
Good to see you back....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.