Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting sick of floor room fer my rods/reels so I thought about this and it turned out purty sporty. Only thing I though about doing was making it so I could raise and lower one side, but doing that I would have to work too much on a hook style rod holder so this one works fer me! I was going to paint it but I just figured it's a rod holder!!!:001_huh:

Started out with a 10 ft 1x6 (rod holder) and 2 - 10 ft 1x4's (side braces). I drew a line down the center of the 1x6 and drilled 1 1/4 paddle bit and cut holes every 4 inches. Making sure you don't drill all the way through due to splitting the wood badly on the exit. After all the holes are done, cut it down the middle. I took a belt sander and widened the holes and smoothed them out then put a strip of mole skin all the way down both sides. I attached the sides with angle brackets and then 2 screws in each side. Then I took eye bolts and screwed them in the ribs of my shed and spring clips to the rack itself. I rednecked the leveling with a minnow net pole at 10 ft and a level taped to it... (hey it worked) got it all together and it worked out. Only bad thing is it's a little wide for shorter off shore rods but I'll hang them on the wall or hang em on the exterior with other hooks on the braces on the side. Who knows. I also have a few more rods/reels that I'll stick somewhere too... I've got too many rods/reels (said no one ever!!!)...:thumbsup:
20190723_141550.jpg

20190723_141602.jpg

20190723_141618.jpg

20190723_141942.jpg

20190724_070001.jpg

20190724_070016.jpg

20190724_213112.jpg

20190724_083809.jpg

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,215 Posts
The place does cleanup well. :thumbsup:

The roach baits working? I know the skinks eat the roaches but they gotta poop too....

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The place does cleanup well. :thumbsup:

The roach baits working? I know the skinks eat the roaches but they gotta poop too....

I've found a couple dead uns...worries me about my geckos eating poisoned roaches but I have a good amount of them around the house. By the time you get back over here, the shop will amaze ya!!!:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
Dang that's nice. Are you worried about the heat at the top of the building or is it A/C'd?

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang that's nice. Are you worried about the heat at the top of the building or is it A/C'd?

I'm worried about the heat a little, but I have the window open and a fan blowing air and it is manageable so I think they'll be ok....:shifty:

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,215 Posts
You just made your own foot thread. :)

feet.jpg

I'm back from the road trip, wanna shoot you some ideas about insulating the roof in your shop.

Reactions: DLo

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
The end result in your building is just terrific. I need to get a little more industrious and build one for my garage. I trip over too much out there.

·
Super Moderator
28,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had a few more big reels (2 30 wides and a bottom rod) that I just used some of them utility hooks and screwed them into the sides and then some light tackle ones on the other side...Now it is holding 35 rods/reels and 3 15 ft long crappie poles!!! I've been organizing and next is the tackle boxes!!! hahaha Now that my boat is gone, I have time!!!!!!!!

Reactions: SHunter
1 - 13 of 13 Posts