Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
it may be just an average cattle boat with kayak racks, but we still dont have one of those cruising around.
i meant it as it can be done very easily. you just have to talk to the right guy. I'm sure a boat around here would offer up a trip once or twice a year.

but i dont know why. i was just told in my other thread there's no reason to go more than 3-4 miles out.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
let me know when you get details worked out, depending on date I would be interested. Ya on the board....=)

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
I could easily haul 14 yaks. But you'd have to bring your own fishing tackle or agree to replace any you lost. I'm certified for 22, but with the weight of the yaks, I'd have to hold the numbers to no more than 14 or 15. Any destination within 20 miles give or take. PM me.

·
***Creepy A$$ Cracker***
4,560 Posts
You guys need to expirence what a paddle board does to you when you hook a fish... Y'all would use them kayaks as tomato planters... Plus you could get 30 SUP's to 15 kayaks on a head boat... But I'm in.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I'm not very impressed with mother shipping either....to me half of it is getting out there on your own in your yak.

If I did I would fish a bad ass rip/weed line, the edge and beyond or the rigs but not paying $200+ to fish any closer than the edge thats for sure! Some friends already invited me to bring my yak on thier contender and just split the gas this summer.

·
Registered
537 Posts
why not just fish in the boat? I guess I don't see the magic of fishing in a 14 foot piece of plastic, lol
You cant see the magic because its still in my bank acct. LOL. For me being a poor dude it gets me off the shore anytime almost anywhere for the price of gas in the truck and breakfast.

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
Coltrain, what the hell you doing wasting money on breakfast? Take a baloney and egg sandwich with you... like I always dooooo.

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
why not just fish in the boat? I guess I don't see the magic of fishing in a 14 foot piece of plastic, lol
Im in Navarre. A far ride to tow a boat to a ramp reasonably close to either pass. Then I still am going to be surrounded by a ton of other boaters once out in the Gulf as I only had a 17ft CC. Itd take me about two hours from leaving my house to just exiting the pass, then another 20-60 minute run to my fishing spot.

With my yak, I can leave my house and be back with a limit of snapper in under 2 hours. Can you do that with a boat?

Also, Ive come back with a cooler full of tuna, mahi, snapper, grouper, flounder, etc etc all for the price of MAYBE a gallon of gas for the jeep and a couple of bags of ice. Can you do that with a boat?

All of that aside, just fighting a fish in a yak is a whole different experience. Being towed around is part of the fun!

As for the mothership thing, screw going to the O just play with jacks. Im with Caddy Yakker on this one. Take me past the edge, drop me off on a nice rip/weedline and come get me when Im ready! :whistling:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
im in navarre. A far ride to tow a boat to a ramp reasonably close to either pass. Then i still am going to be surrounded by a ton of other boaters once out in the gulf as i only had a 17ft cc. Itd take me about two hours from leaving my house to just exiting the pass, then another 20-60 minute run to my fishing spot.

With my yak, i can leave my house and be back with a limit of snapper in under 2 hours. Can you do that with a boat?

Also, ive come back with a cooler full of tuna, mahi, snapper, grouper, flounder, etc etc all for the price of maybe a gallon of gas for the jeep and a couple of bags of ice. Can you do that with a boat?

All of that aside, just fighting a fish in a yak is a whole different experience. Being towed around is part of the fun!

As for the mothership thing, screw going to the o just play with jacks. Im with caddy yakker on this one. Take me past the edge, drop me off on a nice rip/weedline and come get me when im ready! :whistling:
preach it brotha!!!!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts