Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a fun day!!! Today I guided Pete Servais and Loren Haas on a 6 hour Sheepshead trip. After loading up on 5 dozenGIGANTIC shrimp from Hot Spots we headed toward the North Jettie and quickly started boating 12"-14" fish. Not to long after getting there the bite turned red hot!!

We started landing a few fish in the 3-4lb range with two fish over 5lbs!! To top it all off we were able to land two awesome redfish. A beautiful 30" over slot monster that was quickly sent back home and a 25.5" slot fish that was taken on a Pearl White 3" GULP! shrimp on a 1/4oz Mission Fishin jig head!! Today was a lot of fun for me.

Anyway here are a few pics from today.. Hope you enjoy them!!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
i caught some absolute monsters there last friday. tomorrow im gonna take the kayak over there and see if i cant catch some more. i dont think ill keep any under about 18in though. i already have a freezer full.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for the report. Question- what is the nearest boat ramp to the pass? The ones in Gulf Breeze? If so, is that about a 10-mile run either way? With recent weather conditions, has fishing in a small bass boat much of a problem?

Sorry for all of the questions. I fish Pensacola a few times a year in the fall/winter. I'm not an expert on the migration patterns of sheepshead, but I assume they are moving back out now? Are many on the inshore bridge pilings like 3MB and Garcon still? Any signs of flounder migration or schools of mackerel yet?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
301 Posts
There is a public ramp down Bayou Grande somewhere.

As far as Spanish, I have heard of a few being caught and yesterday while trolling a Rapala in the Pass without a leader, I was cut off with the last 3 feet of line being severly frayed! ? Spanish ? bluefish??? Next time I will troll with wire leader.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts