Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest and i out of Wolf Bay Lodge before good light. We went to one of Countrys favorite secret spots---the bite was on---by 07:30 we had 10/12 fish. As things slowed we moved to another secret spot---the bite was on. At that spot we caught Reds-Specks for a total of 30/40 fish for the trip---most were small but fun to catch. I tagged two Reds and three specks and took one home to eat. This is the second day (trip) that my Youngest and i have caught well over 30 trout per trip. http://groups.msn.com/basstracker66/shoebox.msnw

·
Registered
98 Posts
nice catches. I live in Foley and have been trying to get down there to fish just finding the time is hard. i may try to go on tuesday if i dont get called into work. I hope the bite is still on when i get there. judging from your pics i have a good idea of the area you are at. good job on the fish. BTW will i heard that hammock creek is super low right now,is that so and will an 18 foot cc get around up in the creeks ok?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B3245

Plenty of water in Hammock Creek -- the only time there is no water is a strong North Wind and very low tide-- your boat will do ok. Just go slow.In the last pic that is myoldest son and his familyin a 22ft B Bay. Fish slow on the bottom with a pop ever now and then. We caught them on almost everything but Sparkle Beetle seemed to work best. Go to the back of creeks to deep holes.Remember--sometime DEEP isonly 3to4 feet. But 5-8-10 is better. Good luck --BT66

1 - 10 of 10 Posts