Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to the area about 1.5 months ago and have been trying to get out to new spots a few times a week. Found a nice patch of 73 degree water off Pensacola Beach adjacent to Sabine Towers. Started fishing at about 10:30pm and immediately the gnarly old catfish started biting. In about 1 hour I had caught 12 cats all from 12-18 inches. At the top of the tide, bluefish came through tearing up my gear, caught 5 ranging from 10-17 inches.
I got my first experience of red tide complications when the wind started blowing out of the east, choked up throat, burning nose, and watering eyes. Side note: the sand fleas were plentiful there might be a good pompano bite.

Gear:
(2)Akios 757CTM reels / 1509 rainshaodow rods.
(1) Akios 656 reel/ 10' penn battalion

*all fish caught 250-350 feet from shore.

Bait: fresh cut white trout and frozen finger mullet.

·
Super Moderator
27,942 Posts
Glad you at least hooked up w/ something? We REQUIRE EVIDENCE though, as to most of us can't read and only look at pics....hahaha welcome aboard and better luck next time!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just moved to the area about 1.5 months ago and have been trying to get out to new spots a few times a week. Found a nice patch of 73 degree water off Pensacola Beach adjacent to Sabine Towers. Started fishing at about 10:30pm and immediately the gnarly old catfish started biting. In about 1 hour I had caught 12 cats all from 12-18 inches. At the top of the tide, bluefish came through tearing up my gear, caught 5 ranging from 10-17 inches.
I got my first experience of red tide complications when the wind started blowing out of the east, choked up throat, burning nose, and watering eyes. Side note: the sand fleas were plentiful there might be a good pompano bite.

Gear:
(2)Akios 757CTM reels / 1509 rainshaodow rods.
(1) Akios 656 reel/ 10' penn battalion

*all fish caught 250-350 feet from shore.

Bait: fresh cut white trout and frozen finger mullet.
The surf looked great in Navarre yesterday, but the red tide was really bad.

I would use Mullet cut bait for Redfish early in the morning or around a high tide.

·
Registered
630 Posts
welcome to PFF. keep the reports coming.
I got here 11 years ago with gear very similar to your's,didn't take long to learn about the catfish.A man can land a lot of them with long casts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts