Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

3 woodies on the river.

2K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Try'n Hard 
#1 ·
Okay guys I went overboard this year bought a screamin woodie mojo decoy calls decoys whole nine yards and it paid off this morning even thogh it was a really slow morning. Had two drakes come in right after daylight and came right two the decoys we killed both of those stone dead. Then i picked a high one off she did the death spiral to the bank. A thing to know we were in a eddie spot in the river just outside of the rivers current well needless to say we searched for an hour for those three ducks and never even found one. Me and my buddies were sick we finally get on em and kill some and have nothing to show for it. Does anyboy have any advice on recovering these birds that get in the swift water. Besides not hunting the swift water. And dont tell me to get a dog unless your giving away a world champion.lol

#14 ·
Its not like I was just shooting to let em rot I was hunting a lake that is right beside the rivers current I was not intending to shoot the ducks over the swift water but thats how it worked out. Im still mad we couldnt find the ducks I am not one to waste perfectly good game no animal should be wasted we have hunted just about every lake on the river where we're hunting and everytime on the way back to he ramp is when we jump up all the ducks. None are landing in the back lakes. Theres way more food on the rivers trees. I for sure wont be huntimg near the current anymore so as to not lose anymore ducks.

#17 ·
Because we were hunting straight up stream from a damn sand bar guy. Thats how black duck on white sand would be pretty easy to find dont ya think. Well apparently the current swept em right on past the sandbar in the early daylight. Calm down. Im not shooting em with a damn 22 when they land they were shot completely legal and with a plan in mind to retrieve them. How many deer have you lost while bow hunting it just doesnt work out like its suppose to everytime.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.