Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just on the News-5 Iranian speed boats runs on 3 US Warships

What were they thinking wanting to attack 3 American Warships and right at the last minute veered off. How Lucky were they ?????????????????

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
VERY lucky and i would venture to say they (iran) had better not mess with fire...that is a very busy area and in international waters, with all the commerce (oil) coming in and out of that narrow strip of water, we won't take much more of that sh t...i would say blow a couple of those irg boats to smitherines and they'll stop playing with what will burn their azzes and not think twice about it...imo...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Without a doubt they were just trying to provoke an incident. I'm curious as to what was in the containers they dumped in the water causingour ships to change course. The Captains showed great restraint, but I think they should have put a couple of rounds in those boxes.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have made many treks through those Straits in the late 70's, 80's and early 90's. That was not an uncommon occurence then. Iranian gun boats used to routinely harass US Warships passing through.

I believe the only reason they did not get blown out of the water today is that past history. They said one came as close as 200 yards. I would bet that any closer and it will be history,

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Spent some time there with spec warfare and they would drop Fuzzy mines (dead sheep) in the water just as a scare tactic and to piss us off. Let them charge , nothing a Phalanx system cant handle. For those that dont know the Phalanx is a Naval close in weapons system 20mm completely computerized gatlin gun with closed loop radar tracking that fires 3862 rounds per minute. :):usaflag :usaflag

1 - 7 of 7 Posts