Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
SKIFFY (11/4/2007)shimano.
daiwa shouldnt be in that sentence man!
its like comparing a kia to a bmw
I was thinking the same thing about the Penn.

Definatly Shimano. I own and use all three. I would replace them all with Shimano's if I could afford it. Without a thought about it. As a matter of fact, I was looking at replacing my quantum ultralite with a shimano Spirex 1000RD just yesterday.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Penn if you are considering only unimportant things like gear strength, drag quality and consistency, finish, etc. Shimano if you are only looking at marketing hype ;-)

Harry

·
Super Moderator
12,704 Posts
Harry Brosofsky (11/4/2007)Penn if you are considering only unimportant things like gear strength, drag quality and consistency, finish, etc. Shimano if you are only looking at marketing hype ;-)

Harry
sure about that?

·
Registered
962 Posts
shimano i got a stella two stradics and a torium 30 and a van staal use to have a penn sold it.

shimano

and are we talking inshore reels or bigger off shore reels in not a big fan on the bigger shimanos...ill take a penn 7500 over a shimano shperos or thunnus any day.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
alum maverick (11/4/2007)shimano i got a stella two stradics and a torium 30 and a van staal use to have a penn sold it.

shimano

and are we talking inshore reels or bigger off shore reels in not a big fan on the bigger shimanos...ill take a penn 7500 over a shimano shperos or thunnus any day.
But a Tiagra beats the hell out of an international.

·
Super Moderator
12,704 Posts
for bottom bumping and what-not, i'm a huge fan of the shimano Trinidad... you can damn sure put the brakes on an AJ... like the torsa too, but it's exspensive, and i really don't like the lever drag.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did all you Shimano lovers get paid for your endorsement here? I've never seen such a one sided post even on the internet. Just to make it even....anything but Shimano.

·
Registered
232 Posts
VS200B (11/4/2007)
Harry Brosofsky (11/4/2007)Penn if you are considering only unimportant things like gear strength, drag quality and consistency, finish, etc. Shimano if you are only looking at marketing hype ;-)

Harry
sure about that?
Yeah, I'm sure, especially if you are talking about gold reels (International V vs anything Shimano makes, Torque vs anything Shimano makes, etc).

Harry

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sure they do Will. Whatever you say. Exactly how many Internationalsor Tiagras do you have anyway? How about Torques, Toriums, or Torsas? That's what I thought.

Harry

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
we've boated everthing from 70# hoo to white marlin this year while targeting kings fishing the ska along with numerous mid 40# kings all caught on.............big ole bad Penn 535's with 25# test ande, the other things everyone bashes, ande mono.............I must be a rebel with you Harry.

actually everything on the boat is a Penn, sold all the Shimano's I owned and now have everything from Int V's to my little 430ssg.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts