Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to the pass birds everywhere, No one was getting hits????WTF???? Trolled for an hour or so nothing. Fished cut mullet nothing,,bottom machine marking fish and structure everywhere...nothing...left went to 3 mile and anchored up. Cut mullet = 1 Grouper(short) and 1 blackdrum 12 inches. Both released.. I dont get it, I havent caught anything in the pass/incloseGulf in the past 4 to6 months..Whats going on? I have never trolled that much and seen people trolling that much and no one catching ANYTHING......

·
Registered
512 Posts
Try on the north side of the ICW across from pickens,i have had luck over there in the last few weeks with some slot reds.I was using live finger mullet and live shrimp.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Last Chance, can you get closeto structure on the north side without getting run off by the patrol boats - or were you outby the channel? I used to fish the pipes, but thought that was off limits now. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last Chance (1/6/2008)Try on the north side of the ICW across from pickens,i have had luck over there in the last few weeks with some slot reds.I was using live finger mullet and live shrimp.
thanks alot Last chance, 2 years ago everytime i went out 2 to 3 times a week i would catch so many bullreds thati was tired. I havent caught one this year or last year. I dont get it.

·
Praedator
10,006 Posts
Pinksnappercatcher (1/7/2008)
Last Chance (1/6/2008)Try on the north side of the ICW across from pickens,i have had luck over there in the last few weeks with some slot reds.I was using live finger mullet and live shrimp.
thanks alot Last chance, 2 years ago everytime i went out 2 to 3 times a week i would catch so many bullreds thati was tired. I havent caught one this year or last year. I dont get it.
Don't worry, your not the only one that has not had a good bull red season yet. I have caught 2 this year so far. My last few trips to the pass and the beaches and in the bay have not produced any bull reds. This time last year, you could throw out an empty hook in the pass and get one. But not this year for some reason, at least so far.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know. I dont understand it. All the bait shops and charter guys say the bulls are there..where i would like to take a charter then....lets go...put me on them..

·
Registered
512 Posts
FreeLine (1/7/2008)Last Chance, can you get closeto structure on the north side without getting run off by the patrol boats - or were you outby the channel? I used to fish the pipes, but thought that was off limits now. Thanks.
I am almost rubbing against the exclusion zone marker when i fish that area,but they have not messed with me about it in awhile.I was fishing the pipes and just south of them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeak I trolled about six hours yesterday - nothing. Last few years it was 5-6 day no problem. I have been scratching my head. I've been thinking maybe when that red tide came in a few months ago that may have killed a bunch of them.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
orion (1/7/2008)
Yeak I trolled about six hours yesterday - nothing. Last few years it was 5-6 day no problem. I have been scratching my head. I've been thinking maybe when that red tide came in a few months ago that may have killed a bunch of them.
Something happend. Its never been this tough to catch bull reds....never. Im telling you something just isnt right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts