Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out around 12ish was going to troll the beach for some spanish while peeking for the brown suit guy that has been spotted out there a bit. i shortened that part of the trip with a sea sick aboard. got so bad i just returned him to the pier. changed plans at that point and went for some specs but not the best a finding them right now to new to the area. once it darkened up i hit the 3 mile bridge and rounded up some reds...

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
How ya gonna cook them? That make for some fine eat'n! Nice catch!

BTW which one in the pic was the sea sick one?

·
Registered
448 Posts
lol..yeah but that one does look over 27"...not that I give a damn. I think we all know how well our redfish are doing. Maybe next year the FWC will change its redfish regs and we can start keeping one bull....legally :poke

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just to make it clear on the fish on the right that seems to be in question. when i mean it was 27 to the T i actually messered it 4 different times to make sure. i think the angel of the fish in this pictuers makes it look biggerer then the rest by a bit. the other 2 where 24 and 25 but i know how some are! it was close, but that's just how it is close is close you know. Anyway the one who got Sea sick is not in the pictures i dropped him off at the pier. a few hours before this. i was on a outgoing tideuntil about 730 ish then the tide stopped along with the bite. Bait was Shrimp on the bottom. 3/4 oz wieght and tight aginst the structure going down. only 2 other boats around and i didn't see much of what they caught.

·
Registered
94 Posts
great looking fish, you should grill them. I wish i could catch some that i could keep mine are all to big. I guess that is a good thing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Good catch of fish you got there. I love cooking them on the grill.Very easy, seasoned pepper and alittle lemon and your good to go, doesn't take much know how. Congrats on the catch and good report.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dumb luck we had shrimp on the bottom with a 3/4 oz weight. right by the structure going to the bottom. and then it was fish on nothing special just by dumb luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts