Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got there about noon saw lots of small spade at end of bridge hooked up 5 huge spades right on the surface 4 took me under and broke my 12lb test landed one about 3.5lbs

·
Registered
849 Posts
And how 'bout that 20 minute down pour!!? We saw this yaker beetin cheeks to get in. We paused to refresh.. then...

We got some trout and a Spanish fer deener...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice We got out of there before the downpoor luckly I see the spanish are in though might need to go catch a few :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Are spade fish good to eat? I caught two really good ones on Saturday and wasn't sure if they were good eatin or not. Seems like I heard they were - all white meat - but wasn't sure.

Skulls - I caught these on frozen shrimp. One right after the other and that was it - guess they were passing through.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was using fresh shrimp I picked up from joe patties and I had a 1/4oz weight tied about 1ft abovea 1/0 plan shank hook(i didn't needthe weightcause they were on surface) and just watching them pick on my bait then when they ran off with it the fight was on they all ran under the bridge though so keep your drag tight so they don't cut you off.

A rammer jammer yes they are very great eats

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice! I've had very little luck off the new fishing pier: only catching some white trout which we just use for our pinfish trap in Alabama.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.