Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I gave the 3MB a first try. We had a blast. First Red was just over 31" We Just stopped measuring them. Catching fish after fish is TOO COOL..............Time to shower and call it a day.

Mi wife cut off My head , So I lost her slot Red trying to net it :doh

Looking forward to next time......We Released all of our fish tonite.( some by accident.)

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were using Live Pinfish at first, then switched to dead pinfish. I belive that they would have ate cut bait or nearly anything natural. They kept striking at those little snake looking eels that were swimming around in the light.( sounded like little explosions in the dark all around us)

I regret that I didnt throw a couple of lures I had with Me just to learn weather they would grab them Too.

I caught the big one in the pictureon a 7' medium action Graphite rodand my Penn 450s reel that I have owned several years loaded w/12# line. I was sure that my line would break the way he kept running out a lot of line every time I got Him close enough to see him. By the time I finally got him next to the boat to net him,He had no more fight in him, He was like Dead weight for the photo. When I lowered him back into the water I pushed him forward and back several times untill he slowly swam downward and out of sight.

This is the first time that I had ever been able to catch so many fish in a single outing. Sorry if I seem "Just too damned excited", I'm sure my luck will return to normal all too soon.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Looks like you had a great time out that night! When you guys are into them like that, you really get to see some pretty Reds. Were any of them a "multi-spot"? Pretty hefty Red for a Penn 440 w/ 12lb! Plus the nice golden color in the pic was awesome! Hope you guys have a lot more trips like that one! When is your next charter open? lol! We gotta go fishing sometime this year!

:clap:clap:takephoto:takephoto:takephoto:clap:clap:clap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts