Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to brave the elements Friday night and get out to look for a few fish. I didn't get off from work until 7, so it was a late start. I met up with my buddy at around 8:30, and we were at 17th by around 9. We were greeted by 15 knot winds at the launch, and the wind wasn't even blowing at home....go figure....So it was gonna be one of those nights. Well we decided to go ahead and give it a try anyway. Well it was COOOOLDDDDD and the wind wasn't helping, but we didn't let it get us down. We anchored up and started fishing, and immediately began catching ribbon fish. After about 10 minutes Bobby bowed up and his drag started screaming. This was no ribbon fish! Bobby was using my Penn 4400ss and that fish was peeling line like crazy. Bobby has only been fishing Salt water for a short time, and I think he got a little too excited, any way he lost that one. Well not long after it was my turn, I landed this one with my Abu Cardinal 503 with 10 lb hybrid, and wow what a fight on that small reel.

After that Bobby lost another red, and I landed another one.

Well it was cold and getting colder, and the wind was blowing harder by the minute, so we called it a night at around 11. We packed it up and enjoyed a wet, cold and windy ride back to the launch. All fish caught on nuclear chicken gulp either 3 inch shrimp or 5 inch jerk shad. We tried a few small white trout also, and we got a few good runs with it, but no hook ups :banghead It was cold, but it was fun...fun...fun... All fish werereleased, except for the few white trout we used for bait.

Good Luck, and good fishing.

Glastronix

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
it takes some skill to bring in the big boys with light tackel. nice job. im sure your friend will wantanother go at them. thanks for the report and pics

·
Registered
474 Posts
That must have been you guys out there Friday night. I was the other boat out there. Saw you run out past us- we were pitching around the area by the first hump. We had about the same experience. Nice pics!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl3_lblFullMessage>That must have been you guys out there Friday night. I was the other boat out there. Saw you run out past us- we were pitching around the area by the first hump. We had about the same experience. Nice pics!
I saw you guys out there, around the construction area for the new fishing bridge. When I saw you guys, I thought at least we are not the only people freezing our butts off. Sorry to hear about your truck.

·
Registered
935 Posts
That is one of the posts that "Tells us what it's all about"!

After work , cold Results!!!Way to go... I'm "Worn out", and it is hard to get me to launch the boat when everything isn't perfect.... I hope you have many more trips like this in you ... We do get jaded to what we have at hand... Very well done!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Friends have talked me into going out this afternoon/evening, due to impending weather and winds, just hitting 3 Mile. Any suggestions as to what parts of the bridge, jigs vs. cut baits, etc. 1-2 days before Thanksgiving, slow white trout bite then, whammo, 26" red hit cut menhaden. Chilly night, around 9:00 pm.

Thanks!

23' Wellcraft - 140 hp Suzuki

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl8_lblFullMessage>Friends have talked me into going out this afternoon/evening, due to impending weather and winds, just hitting 3 Mile. Any suggestions as to what parts of the bridge, jigs vs. cut baits, etc. 1-2 days before Thanksgiving, slow white trout bite then, whammo, 26" red hit cut menhaden. Chilly night, around 9:00 pm.

Thanks!
Well if you like small craft advisories, 20-25 knot winds and rain, then tonight should be fun for you :banghead :banghead :banghead Seriously, if you are gonna get out there in that madness, thenmy advise is.... Fish a moving tide, it looks like high tide is at around 9 PM so anytime after 5 or so the water should be moving pretty good. Find aspot and fish, if you don't do much then try a different spot. Try both gulp and live white trout for bait. If youhave other questions shoot me a PM and I will give you a few more details.

Good luck

Glastronix

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
hey glastronix got to watch out for those teeth...(yours) cool pic. how many oz. you have in that set up...ouch!!!. Nice reds as usal. :clap

·
Registered
4 Posts
We were able to go out and tie onto a barge on the west side of the bridge last night. Lots of white trout, got our limit on slot reds...four of us...all from 23"-26.5". Had a brief moment, 5-10 minutes of light rain, really rough going one, once we were tied up, was not bad at all. We were on the water from 5:00 - 11:00 p.m. They were hitting frozen shrimp and cut white trout.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=smalltxt vAlign=top><SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl11_lblFullMessage>We were able to go out and tie onto a barge on the west side of the bridge last night. Lots of white trout, got our limit on slot reds...four of us...all from 23"-26.5". Had a brief moment, 5-10 minutes of light rain, really rough going one, once we were tied up, was not bad at all. We were on the water from 5:00 - 11:00 p.m. They were hitting frozen shrimp and cut white trout. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I'm glad you guys did good last night!!!! I bet it was windy. Great job on the slot fish, mmmmmmm good eatin'

Glastronix

1 - 12 of 12 Posts