Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Headed out on my neighbors boat (panhandlephinsphan) about 7pm. We tried trolling from the 3 mile bridge to the pass without any luck. Water started to get pretty rough so we headed back to the 3 mile bridge. Water wasnt any better, but we decided to tough it out.

A pretty strong incoming tide with a decent out going wind. We were on the rubble side of the bridge on the pensacola side.

We hooked up with a ladyfish or white trout on practically every cast. It was kind of fun actually. After several of these I got a nice fight from a 29 inch red. My neighbor followed that up with a upper slot red. I was using white gulp, red jig. He started with a dark jig/shad and caught the red on a gold spoon.

We got a big bite on a pinfish dropped to the bottom. However, the line broke after being rubbed in the rubble. Everything live I dropped to the bottom kept getting tangled up. Kind of frustrating.

Headed in about midnight, I was actually starting to get a little queezy.

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
Great post! Thanks for all of the useful info. That panhandlephinsphan dude is VERY cool, an outstanding fisherman, and an all around standup guy!

Pan
------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he's the dude who was married to jessica simpson -didn't know he lived in pensacola....

·
Registered
537 Posts
We went out last night on the westside of 3mile toward the middle and were tearing up the sharks ( I cought 8 myself ). Thats probably what broke you off on the bottom. Nice red though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts