Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had three trips in the last two days and wedid a combination of inshore and nearshore fishing. Thursday morning I had John and Bill for a half day trip and we decided to do some nearshore bottom fishing. We spent or day in 60-70 feet of waterfishing live cigar minnows and threadfins. We had a nice grade of snapper for our limit and a really nice grouper. The grouper gave john two chances, breaking him off the first try. We re-rigged and went right back down and he ate again, so john got the fish and I got my hook back. We caught lots of snapper from 16-18" trying to box 4 nice fish. That afternoon I had Greg and his family and we spent the afternoon in the bay because of the wind that got up. We caught a dozen mangroves from 12-14" and a couple redfish a little too big. This morningI headed back out to bottom fish on the beach with Tim and his son Trent. It was a bit choppy for a bay boat early and a storm was moving in from the south so we kept the first 4 keepers that hit the deck and headed back into the bay where we caught a few oversized redfish. Here are a few pictures for the last couple days.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
You really need to share some of your skills with our boy Chris.

I never see fish like this in his pictures.

Good job, captain. You coming out Monday -- barring a two-trip day?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks guys, Joe I am going to come out on monday to watch you guys do your thing, I sure it will be great as usual.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Awesome fish and pics. We are going to be visiting in October and plan on going for our first inshore/nearshore trip. We've been on deep trips several times. Are these typical species for a inshore/nearshore trip?

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
He's in Pensacola. He'll be on here later tonight or tomorrow I'm sure.

Shoot him a PM and set up a trip. You won't be dissapointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts