Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,115 Posts
Good job sealing the deal on the thunderchickens!!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Man, nice work.

I went out this morning to the same spot as before. He was going off again about sunrise, got within 100 yards again, but he kept moving away.

Heard 2 more that were close, like less than 50 yards and I messed up by trying to set up my decoys. I think I made too much racket and they saw me and booked it.....this turkey hunting thing is tough.

Do they always stop gobbling by mid morning? I had them hammering pretty good and they just stopped making a sound past like 830. Never heard a thing again until I left at 11

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, nice work.

I went out this morning to the same spot as before. He was going off again about sunrise, got within 100 yards again, but he kept moving away.

Heard 2 more that were close, like less than 50 yards and I messed up by trying to set up my decoys. I think I made too much racket and they saw me and booked it.....this turkey hunting thing is tough.

Do they always stop gobbling by mid morning? I had them hammering pretty good and they just stopped making a sound past like 830. Never heard a thing again until I left at 11
Birds typically slow their gobbling down as the morning progresses. They will gobble all day, just not as often. Now, nothing is ever the same turkey hunting. You may on time stumble upon a bird hammering away at 4 in the afternoon. Sounds like the first bird you encountered had hens with him. If you were within 50 yards of the others you can count on them seeing/hearing you. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts