Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

3 Generations and 4 Pompano!

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Bama Rick 
#1 ·
I finally got a chance to take my nephew and his grandpa yesterday morning somewhere near Fort Morgan. My nephew had never been surf fishing and we had a blast. We got set up at daylight and promptly caught a hardhead. I showed my nephew how to catch sandfleas, which to him seemed way more interesting than what I was doing.

That all changed when I caught the first Pompano. I'm pretty sure he is hooked. An 11 year old with a 10' rod and a mad Pompano on was a sight to behold. We ended up catching 5 Pompano (1 released), 4 Whiting, 2 hardheads and a Skipjack by 9 a.m.

Good Times!

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks ya'll. We went for a quick walk on the beach yesterday evening. All we took was one rod with a jig and a small dipnet. My nephew caught a sandflea and we tipped the jig with it. I thought I hooked a flounder, which turned out to be a big blue crab. I was disappointed but the boy thought it was fantastic! Sometimes simple is best.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.