Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my buddy Casey headed up to our lease in Shelbyville, TN for the weekend for some turkey huntin. Its been a tough 2 weeks for me as Ive had some birds been missed and a few that has hung up just out of range. We got on several Gobblers the three days we were there....there was more hens there than I have ever seen on one peice of property in my life...it was some tough hunting for sure. The first morning we set up on a big and to make a short story he came straight in Gobblin his head off and Casey gets a little to excited and shoots at him at about 60 yards and misses....I told him from now on Ill tell him when to shoot....LOL. Second morning was a bust got on one bird and 2 hens pitched down to him right to start with...that was over. This morning we got set up on a group of birds that was roosted on the river that runs through the property and they pitched across the river on us. We headed to the back and I stopped and made a light yelp and got cut off by 2 birds....I cut the distance in half got set up just around the corner of a cedar thicket that made a point in the clearing wewas in.....we sat down I called oncethey cut me off and in just a second they was coming around thecorner about 75 yards.....Ijust sit in silence and told Casey Id tell him when to shoot...I let them get about 30 steps and I think the pause between when ItoldCasey to shoot and when he shot was about a hundredth of amillisecond. Gobbler had a 10 3/4 in beard and 7/8 spurs about 17lbs.Anyway # 3 for the year....its been a tough year but stillgot a little season left.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Awesome, heck it finally opened in Ar this week and I was 0/7 all Jakes and for once I was hunting alone. Cant wait for next weekend.:clap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts