Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another fun day aboard the South Again!!! Today I guided MArk Connell and his soon to be 8 year old son Rich Connell (Happy Birthday Rich). We met at the lauch at 1:30pm and set off on a 4 hour adventure. We first headed for Pensacola Pass and the North Jettie that has been doing me so well the last couple of weeks. The bite was really slow with the changing tide and the stiff South East wind but we managed to boat a handful of tasty Sheepshead in pretty short order. After putting the Sheepshead in the cooler MArk and Rich informed me that they needed to land a redfish before we headed in for the day.

With redfish on our minds we picked up and made a run back East to a set of docks that have done me well over the years. First set of docks we stop at we hook a Redfish! The fish made several long hard runs back through the structure threatening to break us off at any minute. After a long 10 minute battle Rich beat the fish and boated a gorgeous 30.5" redfish. The fish had over 18 spots. After the redfish, things slowed down as the day drew to an end. We headed back to the launch followed by another beautiful Florida sunset!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
How cool is that! Great report.

I don't know how I missed you in the pass. We were in the big Mako on the north side. It was busy today!

·
Banned
464 Posts
I would have liked to mount that red, its beautiful!!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Good Report im glad everyone had fun. The fishing is on!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts