Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a pretty slow morning in the bay only catching a few pinfish, pigifish and white trout. Figured I'd move somewhere else for the afternoon and decided on Pickens. PBTH and DeadlyDick were already out there. Deadly got 1 sheepie and within minutes of getting there I hooked into a nice 22incher. Shortly thereafter PBTH and I got a double hookup, mine was 19.75incher, not sure about PBTH's probably about the same since they roam in herds of similar size.

We also watched a shore angler drag a 20inch gag grouper up on shore and start walking to his truck with it. PBTH politely but firmly educated him on the fact that it was 2inches too short plus out of season. I was ready to hit my FWC speed-dial on my phone if things turned ugly. Fortunately the gag was voluntarily released, relatively unharmed.

19.75incher

22incher

Alex

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are plenty still out there. Should be going strong for the next couple weeks. Go get em!

Alex

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Great haul guys and way to do the right thing with respect to the gag grouper. I am ready to head back out.

:usaflag

·
Registered
879 Posts
Now, I wasn't that firm. They guy was actually looking at a regulations booklet when I walked up to him. He didn't know that they were out of season though. Unlike the guy that was bragging to me about keeping one at three mile today in Sports Academy. :nonono I've got FWC on speed dial for dopes like him.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PBTH (3/29/2010)Now, I wasn't that firm. They guy was actually looking at a regulations booklet when I walked up to him. He didn't know that they were out of season though. Unlike the guy that was bragging to me about keeping one at three mile today in Sports Academy. :nonono I've got FWC on speed dial for dopes like him.

:boo :banghead

1 - 6 of 6 Posts