Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching the radar all day. I finally got the 3 hour window I was looking for. Splashed at Woodlawn at about 2:45pm and headed out looking for some hungry Red's.....

Water is pretty dirty from the rain and wind, but the fish are HUNGRY. With mullet jumping everywhere and bait fish flickering everywhere I went to the Ole' reliable....Bone colored Super Spook.Third cast produced a small lower slot red that shook the hook right at the net(hard to net and fish alone!!!). Several cast later produced another red. This one was quite a bit smaller. But still a good sign.

This little guy wasn't but maybe 14" - 16"....About 15 minutes later I hooked a decent trout. Released him(sorry no pic) and decided that the dark clouds were zeroing in on me.Anyway, all in all a fun litle afternoon trip.

I was also able to establish a good solid "B" spot for this weekends ECRC Tournament!!!!

:letsdrink

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jim t (3/26/2009)Good job... were you working the flats or deeper water? Just wondering if it's time to start wading...

Thanks,

Jim
FLATS!!!!!! I was gonna go wading, but I decided to put the boat in the water instead. The tide is REALLY high right now.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Brad K (3/26/2009) After watching the radar all day. I finally got the 3 hour window I was looking for. Splashed at Woodlawn at about 2:45pm and headed out looking for some hungry Red's.....

Water is pretty dirty from the rain and wind, but the fish are HUNGRY. With mullet jumping everywhere and bait fish flickering everywhere I went to the Ole' reliable....Bone colored Super Spook.Third cast produced a small lower slot red that shook the hook right at the net(hard to net and fish alone!!!). Several cast later produced another red. This one was quite a bit smaller. But still a good sign.

Brad,

I'm enjoyingobserving the dedication of your group, however by Saturday I think you all should change this to a Bream and Crappie, or a Freshwater CatfishTournament, the water salinity ought to be just right in the Sound!

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Brad K (3/26/2009) After watching the radar all day. I finally got the 3 hour window I was looking for. Splashed at Woodlawn at about 2:45pm and headed out looking for some hungry Red's.....

This little guy wasn't but maybe 14" - 16"....About 15 minutes later I hooked a decent trout. Released him(sorry no pic) and decided that the dark clouds were zeroing in on me.Anyway, all in all a fun litle afternoon trip.

I was also able to establish a good solid "B" spot for this weekends ECRC Tournament!!!!

How you gonna do me like that? I'm a half mile from Woodlawn, I could've been there in seconds!

Good job though, hope you and D crush it this weekend.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts