Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep it up it might sound like a CHRISTmas song....

Well, I put this day to the side for 2 women in my life. Me and the ole lady went out this AM to the "honey hole" to try to get her 1. She was ill (Flu like symptoms) and had bad congestion so it made breathing hard which had meuneasy bout seeing a deer:boo Well I had 1 of the wndows on the blind closed exceptfor a crack and whatdo you know, that's where the only 2 deer I saw came.:banghead I tried to getNicole situated and she couldn't:doh. The 1deer then came to the front of the blind and gave a perfect 20 yard shot but Nicole still couldn't get the gun set up right:reallycrying The deer then ran back into the woods behind us:doh She was feeling worse by 0730-0745 so we called it a day:boo As I was pulling in my drive, I stopped the truck and decided to try the acreage next door to me. Nicole drove my truck to the house and I walked across the street.I was walking up to someutility lines and as I walked up to the enbankmentI saw 2 deer about 40 yards away:letsdrink Luckily they were looking the other way so I laid on the ground and sized them up. I then laid the hammer down and BAM but the deer didn't move:hoppingmad. I looked and saw that my scope cleared the enbankment but the barrel didn't:dohWell, I eased up a little more and put the cross hairs on the center of her chest cause she was facing meand BAM, she almost did a back flip backwards:letsdrink This hunt lasted about 2 minutes:letsdrink I went and picked her up and proceded to clean her up. She weighed 102 lbs. 2 days and 2 deer over 100 lbs:letsdrink

I then tried taking my baby gurl Kaitlyn to try to kill her 1st deer at the "honey hole". We sat patiently and she did real good. Around 1630 I saw a big nannie coming out:letsdrink I put the gun on the brace and told her to sight her up. She said I got it daddy and then I said wait baby she's moving...you need to have her stopped.I was looking at her and she had the rifle a bit off to the side of the deer I was looking at. I said are you on her and she said yes, then the deer started moving again so I said wait. By this time she was a bit closer and got scared then turned around. I said I'll stope her andthe deerwouldn't listen. As I looked to where she was heading, I saw 2 other deer with her:banghead Kaitlyn then said she was on 1 of the deerI did not see and she had a shot but I said WAIT cause I thought she was on the only deer I saw at the time, so she didn't take a shot:reallycrying I told her to tell me to shut-up next time:doh no more deer the rest of the night. The guy's property I was on shot and missed a doe at almost dark:banghead

All in all it was a good day and deer were seen...I was more patient then I thought with my 2 women, I would have normally grabbed the gun and shoot the deer myself:letsdrink

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
And on the 3<A>nd Day of Doe Day's</A>......Waiting to hear.:) next line.

Nice kill. Funny thing about deer, they show up when you least expect them. I can't count how many times I've left the truck, didn't see any only to find multiple tracks surrounding my truck when I returned...SHUT UP man let the kid shoot.:poke:poke

·
Registered
10,788 Posts
Good report Jason, hope to get a chance to go before doe days are out. Youngest one supposed to be out of the horsepistol mid week so I will keep my fingers crossed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts