Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 250 HPDI, History, bottom port side plug (#6 if I am correct) was fouling every few months, engine didn't like to idle on the hose, I suppose because with 2 Cylinders Already shut off at idle, a third not acting right made the engine die while trying to flush. WOT was ok, no surging or missing, but not getting my normal 5500-5600 rpm. Went through the secondary ignition, measured all the boots, and a few were at the top of the 4-6 ohm range so replaced them. Also noticed the #6 wire where it screws into the boot looked corroded inside, so I replaced that coil pack/wire, all new plugs and the engine screams, however; pulled #6 plug yesterday, after running for a while on the hose, the center porcelain on the electrode was wet with fuel oil mix, the other 5 plugs were dry and white/tan normal. Pulled compression on all cylinders and all were at 125 +\- a pound or two. So, I am thinking I may have an injector issue? I think the injector is firing, or the engine would not run as well as it does, but I think the injector may be leaking under pressure and constantly dripping fuel into the cylinder? Am I chasing the right dog here?

·
Registered
933 Posts
have you ever had the injectors cleaned if not Pull all of them take them somewhere and get them cleaned Scott's marina in Elberta will give you a printout on the percentage on each injector

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had them out, I have heard horror stories of the injectors breaking when trying to remove them, can't seem to find any good articles on removing them? Thanks

·
Registered
5,592 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, I saw most of the threads on THT it helps, I was hoping for a you tube video! There is a guy on there working on the injectors but only going to the basket filters which I already know how to do, and already did those even on my HP PUMP. :D

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
If in fact it is a injector issue I can clean those with my machine. I see where you replaced the coil and wire, have you ohm'd out the plug cap, they are resistance caps. I believe those should be about 12000 ohms

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Kenny I'll ohm the caps again, do you have the equipment at barbers to flow test and adjust the injectors and compare them all? Thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update, Looks like I have been chasing the wrong end of the motor, decided to check the reeds out, looked down #6 throttle body.. and there was something missing:( One of the reeds was gone.. After further dis-assembly the broken reed was laying in the plenum area right next to the crankshaft :thumbup: Chris Carson Reeds on the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts