Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on the old forum, but I am posting it again. I have a 1983 25 horse Johnson outboard that is very hard to get in gear.I have used Jerry's Mobile Marine Service in the past and Jerry knows his stuff. Problem is Jerry charges like he knows his stuff, soI am looking for a mechanic or novice that might know how I can fix my shifter without having to use Jerry. Recommendations?

Mike

·
Registered
464 Posts
Wills Marine has service technicians with over 50 years experence and Mr. Wills has been in business for 35 years. Their labor rate is $88.00 per hour and have most parts for older motors in stock.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my buddy came over this morning to help me look at the shifter. Of course, he notices the grease fitting I missed. We greased it good- it was coming out the vent. Then, we greased all the other contact points we found, and it shifts OK. I may look at pulling the shifter apart to see if the hardware is too tight, but the motor checks out now, so all is well. Thanks for the helpand advice, and hope this post helps someone else with a similar problem.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts