1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I had one years ago,it was a savage 110 Very good deer gun.I now have a 22-250 to play with,that chart you have seems to show great things for the lil 22

·
Registered
750 Posts
I've got 2 243s, a Remington and a bar. I love the Remington, can put 3-4 shots inside a quarter at 100yds. And there's no recoil!

·
Whizzed off realist
2,528 Posts
We killed 2 yotes last year with my .243 90 grain ballistic tip. Drops them on the spot if you don't gut shoot em like I did... I prefer that because they run off and die where I don't have to bury them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The .243 Winchester caliber is a dog gone great coyote caliber bar-none! The wife shot one for several years on deer in our state, when she was recovering from Mr. C!!! She had to give up her .338/06 for awhile and elk hunting but the .243 cal. is one heck of a "song dog" caliber. She uses a 75 grn bullet and they don't take many steps afterwards. On whitetail deer she uses a 105 grn bullet and it works like a magic wond to put them down for the count. We both have model 70 Winchesters in that caliber.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've got 2 243s, a Remington and a bar. I love the Remington, can put 3-4 shots inside a quarter at 100yds. And there's no recoil!
No doubt. I've been shooting 95 gr SST with a hundred yard zero and tracking hasn't been a problem. From pigs to deer with an odd bobcat (neck shot). My Rem bolt is a meat getter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts