Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a solo mission today to prefish for a charter in the morning. I located shorelines FULL of redfish! The fish were very tentative but would chase the spoons and Gulps! back to the boat only to turn off at the last second! I spotted around 30-40 fish and landed 4 of them. The biggest of the four was just shy of 4lbs and ate a Gulp! jerkshad in rootbeer on an Owner twistlock hook.

There were also tons of trout and sheepshead on the flats as well. I had a blast today and can't wait to get back out there in the morning.

.......See you out there

sorry for the crappy release well picture. I was fishing solo and didn't think about getting a better shot......

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Splittine (25/05/2010)Where was he Saturday Brad? Congrats on finding some fish, thats always a good feeling.
No kidding!!!! Felt good to see some today. PC had my feelings all hurt and what not..LOL

I think I'll be busy next time we fish over there...

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
todd in the bay (26/05/2010)BK,

Could you tell what was leading those pods? Or were some tails showing?
They were super shallow Todd. Their wakes and pushes gave them away. it made them really eay to spot from a good distance.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Thanks for the report Brad, I was beginning to wonder if anyone was fishing? As soon as my boat gets out of the shop, I'm going to give it a try!

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Brad King (26/05/2010)I've been fishing pretty hard Jeff. I just haven't been reporting as much as usual. The Sound is really going off right now. Both Reds and Trout are feeding good!!
Are they more on the North or South shoreline? I'll be taking my son out Saturday morning before we head to Crab Island, would be nice to put a couple Reds in the cooler early in the day!

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
69Viking (26/05/2010)
Brad King (26/05/2010)I've been fishing pretty hard Jeff. I just haven't been reporting as much as usual. The Sound is really going off right now. Both Reds and Trout are feeding good!!
Are they more on the North or South shoreline? I'll be taking my son out Saturday morning before we head to Crab Island, would be nice to put a couple Reds in the cooler early in the day!
I'm finding good numbers on both sides! The North shoreline seems to be holding biggers groups of fish. Finding lots of singles on the South.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts