Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone used a local dealer that they would recommend for a .22 suppressor?

I know the rules on purchasing and owning this; not looking for "the lecture".

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
Don't know that I would recommend them, but Jays has them in stock. A buddy of mine got his AR suppressor through them. It went fine for him using Jays but you never know what kind of service you're gonna get when you walk in there.

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
+1 for Larry, great guy to deal with and good prices on his stuff.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Before you spend all the money on the can and stamp...you might play around with a box of subsonic ammo and see if that accomplishes what you need. Maybe end up saving a little dough.

·
NRA Lifetime Member
510 Posts
Don't know that I would recommend them, but Jays has them in stock. A buddy of mine got his AR suppressor through them. It went fine for him using Jays but you never know what kind of service you're gonna get when you walk in there.
I bought all four of my Cans from Jays... I love them...

Gemtech

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/home.asp

.22 Outback II

.223 M4-02

9mm Trinity

.45 Blackside

They all work great and the Gemtech guys are great to deal with. I have had them thread barrels for me too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all of the input. Sounds like I'll be laying Larry a visit this week.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Check with Dixie, on the forum, he is starting a new business venture and has ordered some from AAC. Great person to deal with.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Another +1 for Larry. He charges half of what Jay's charges. If Jay's has the one you want in stock that would save a bit of a wait, otherwise I would use Larry at Ammunition Sales.
Excellent dealer, the most knowledgeable dealer in NFA I've ever met.

Larry stocks these Huntertown Arms Guardian .22 cans for $200. Many on Silencerforums claim that it meters just as well if not better than higher cost .22 cans like the Silencerco Osprey. Frankly, most .22 cans use the same exact K baffle design. It also disassembles quite easily with 1 inch square endcaps.

I bought one and it works pretty good with subconic ammo.

·
Banned
395 Posts
???

Can you use these things on a public range? are there any restrictions as to when / where they can be used? Is there really a 4-6 month wait to get stamp? I have never seen anyone using one at any range. I know it would be redundant , but for practice and such.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do not know of any restrictions at any of the local ranges. It does take a few months, 3-6 or so, to get all the required paperwork back and through the ATF.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wait time is realistically at least 6 months im at 5 months and counting for my integrally suppressed 300 blackout ar15 upper

·
Registered
572 Posts
I do not know of any restrictions at any of the local ranges. It does take a few months, 3-6 or so, to get all the required paperwork back and through the ATF.
Most ranges that I know of don't care. They may ask to see a copy of your form 1 or 4 though. The reason why you don't see many NFA weapons at shooting ranges is because NFA is a small niche market (its steadily growing larger though) compared to title 1 firearms.

Mine took one day less than 6 months box to box.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Most ranges that I know of don't care. They may ask to see a copy of your form 1 or 4 though. The reason why you don't see many NFA weapons at shooting ranges is because NFA is a small niche market (its steadily growing larger though) compared to title 1 firearms.

Mine took one day less than 6 months box to box.
I had someone on staff at Styx stop my shooting and ask to see the " license " for my suppressor. I showed him a copy of my stamp and that satisfied him. That was the only time that I have had someone ask out of the dozens of times that I have had NFA items out at the range.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I had someone on staff at Styx stop my shooting and ask to see the " license " for my suppressor. I showed him a copy of my stamp and that satisfied him. That was the only time that I have had someone ask out of the dozens of times that I have had NFA items out at the range.
I think most range staff do that as a cover their butt move. Most people think NFA is awesome and after finding out its legal they want to play with the toys.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts