Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sold sold sold!!!

bought herlast spring off the forum. it needed a new fuel cell. installed it. new deck. installed it. electronics. installed them. t top. bought it. leaning post. bought it. now that she is set up right and looking good, i want to sell her. its just not the style of boat i think i want.

top speed is usual for this boat, 34-36mph. comfy cruise is 28-30mph. fuel consumption? dont know, but doesnt seem to burn through it. breaks through waves with ease, but also turns full steering lock left or right at full speed with no cavitation or sliding.<UL><LI>1974 20' Mako, 1978 70hp Evinrudes</LI><LI>44 gal fuel cell (new coated aluminum, foam enclosed)</LI><LI>garmin gpsmap168 sounder (no transducer) new</LI><LI>sitex 106 color sounder, new transducer</LI><LI>west vhf with dsc</LI><LI>am/fm/cd player with two speakers</LI><LI>hydraulic steering</LI><LI>water separator</LI><LI>separate fuel pickups in single tank</LI><LI>two batteries with separate switches**MOVED TO UNDER CONSOLE**</LI><LI>engines rebuilt by Wills Marine in 04</LI><LI>dual axle galv trailer rebuilt in 04 with new guides last week</LI><LI>new custom t-top by breeze fab</LI><LI>new custom leaning post w/deep storage box by breeze fab</LI><LI>$7500 or best offer. bring offers, worst i can say is no.</LI><LI>call fred <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = SKYPE /><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_injection id=softomate_highlight_0 title="Call this phone number in United States of America with Skype: +18502936297" IamRTL="0" context="850-293-6297" durex="577" onmouseout="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'0',true,16,'');" onclick="doRunCMD('call','0',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseover="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,16,'');" onmousedown="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'0',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseup="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'0',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgA id=skype_tb_droppart_0 title="Skype actions" style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\GRETAA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)" onmouseout="doSkypeFlag(this,'0',0,1,16);" onclick="skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'0','sms=1');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseover="doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1,16);" onmousedown="doSkypeFlag(this,'0',2,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseup="doSkypeFlag(this,'0',1,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgFlag id=skype_tb_img_f0 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\GRETAA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\famfamfam/US.gif)"></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgS id=skype_tb_img_s0></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_injectionIn id=skype_tb_text0><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_innerText id=skype_tb_innerText0>850-293-6297</SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgR id=skype_tb_img_r0></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN> anytime or <SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_injection id=softomate_highlight_1 title="Call this phone number in United States of America with Skype: +18507916607" IamRTL="0" context="850-791-6607" durex="577" onmouseout="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,0,'1',true,16,'');" onclick="doRunCMD('call','1',null,0);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseover="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'1',true,16,'');" onmousedown="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,2,'1',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseup="skype_tb_imgOnOff(this,1,'1',true,16,'');return skype_tb_stopEvents();"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgA id=skype_tb_droppart_1 title="Skype actions" style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\GRETAA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\inactive_a.compat.flex.w16.gif)" onmouseout="doSkypeFlag(this,'1',0,1,16);" onclick="skype_tb_SwitchDrop(this,'1','sms=0');return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseover="doSkypeFlag(this,'1',1,1,16);" onmousedown="doSkypeFlag(this,'1',2,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();" onmouseup="doSkypeFlag(this,'1',1,1,16);return skype_tb_stopEvents();"><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgFlag id=skype_tb_img_f1 style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(C:\DOCUME~1\GRETAA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\__SkypeIEToolbar_Cache\e70d95847a8f5723cfca6b3fd9946506\static\famfamfam/US.gif)"></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgS id=skype_tb_img_s1></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_injectionIn id=skype_tb_text1><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_innerText id=skype_tb_innerText1>850-791-6607</SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN><SKYPE:SPAN class=skype_tb_imgR id=skype_tb_img_r1></SKYPE:SPAN></SKYPE:SPAN> mon-thurs 6-5</LI>[/list]

i have some cleaning up to do yet, or you can do it if negotiated. the starboard tilt/trim unit has slight leak but operates smoothly when full. engines start up nicely. sorry, no compression #'s but will perform if get a serious buyer. they sound great. there's nothing like the sound of twins accelerating!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Its a nice boat, but someone has told me to not sell it and put a 175 Suzuki on it. With more improvements. You got the T top and the leaning post, so keep adding on.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha. im laughing real hard. not.

tell that somebody (my son probably) to contribute to my boat fund and i might listen . like that's gonna happen. there is something wrong in this world when i buy him a brand new boat and i have the old one.:banghead

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is a nice boat, I used to fish out of one that a friend had a few years back. Very good on gas with those motors. Fred I was just wandering if you are the same one that I went to Escambia HS with back in 85. Leon.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep thats me. ehs 1985. since ive lost a few brain cells over the years, your name doesnt immediately ring a bell. will have to dig out the year book and hit the refresh button.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sir--really nice and interesting rig. Does that deep storage box stay dry? How much can it hold? Do you have a tight picture of the whole boat that includes the T & leaning post? What's the draft like on it? Would it work well in the shallows/bays? Thank you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JackFlorida (5/6/2008)Sir--really nice and interesting rig. Does that deep storage box stay dry? How much can it hold? Do you have a tight picture of the whole boat that includes the T & leaning post? What's the draft like on it? Would it work well in the shallows/bays? Thank you.
pics added

thanks, not sure what you mean by tight picture but the first pic shows whole boat in the water with the family. the box is water tight for the most part.not meant to be waterproof but it is dry. if you look at the pic of the post with cushion up i stood up a stretch 30 lure box to get an idea of what fits in there. you are welcome to come by the shop and look at it in person. draft is about 18 inches on the hull with engines lifted. engines down about 26 inches. this boat is made for the bay but is no carolina skiff. not sure what you mean by shallows but it handles skinny water as well as any v hull boat can. call me if you need more info.

thanks fred

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fred,

Thank you. I was a little confused and was thinking the "deep storage box" you were talking about was the opening in the deck exposed with the lid pulled up in the one picture. And, was thinking that the "family picture" was of the boat prior to its latest configuration, but now see that it is what it is. As should be apparent, I'm long in the tooth but a definite newbie to the idea of boat ownership. I'm retired now and am very interested in a boat I can trailer and transport back & forth to a nearby Escambia Bay boat dock and fish nearby waters, including the mouth of the river and occasionally a little ways offshore. Also, I'd like to be able to tow a young Grandchild on a tube if possible. The idea of twin motors has always seemed like added headaches, but on the other hand, it provides a built-in "kicker" safety advantage doesn't it... Anyway thanks for the kind response.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no problem jf. this boat is designed to do exactly what you described. lots of bay action with some offshore capability. also the trailer has a tilt arm on it with rollers. makes one person operation easy.

thanks

fred

1 - 20 of 29 Posts