Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 26 foot center console with twin 150 yamaha engines. One of the engines will start and then shutdown while the other one runs fine. Is this because 1 of the 2 engines will automatically shutdown if the fuel tank is low? It shutdown the first time around 30 gallons left in the tank. Any answers or suggestions?

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
I’ve never heard of a shutdown because you only have 30 gallons left. Any warning lights go off? Is it overheating? Any buzzers? Will it start up again and then shut off again?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Check and see if you have a pin whole leak in your fuel water separator. Ask me how I know🙂

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I had problems with my skiffs fuel pickup tube. The tube threads down into the tank and when the fuel dropped enough, a crack in the pick up tube would suck air and I was dead in the water. Just a possibility. Each motor will have its own pickup tube

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I assume it is the same engine every time? Your post did not specify

Also, 2 strokes or 4 strokes?

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Might want to swap the fuel lines. It might half split the trouble shooting. Check the obvious first. Inline fuel filters, water separator, motor filters and fuel lines. Could also use a portable tank if you have one.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Good point on swapping fuel lines. If you swap and the same motor stalls, then you know the motor is the problem. Swap as close to the engine as possible

1 - 10 of 10 Posts