Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I have heard 2 Days so why even open I personaly could Careless about Them Is't all about the Commerical Guys If you People would STOP Bitching about it and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT You Might Get what you want, There are alot Of other fish To Catch That ARE MUCH BETTER EATING FISH, But THe Snapper are so EASY TO CATCH Guess That's why ALL CHARTER BOAT's Target them Quick MONEY!!! Until the Commerical Guys PUT you Out Of Business!!!

·
Master of Disaster
3,042 Posts
Guess we'll be fishing the Florida waters this year....
State waters: Season opens Saturday before Memorial Day (May 23, 2015) through July 14.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Snappe Season

That is not official yet. The Florida season will be decided after the series of 5 workshops that will take place the week of March 9. The first one will be here in Pensacola on March 9. Time and location TBA

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
There is a post on THT stating June 1st for federal waters with 33 days for the for hire group or until their quota is met. Many feel the short rec season is the Crabtree way for the feds to punish the states and I have no reason to doubt the assumption. I hope the states do a good job of managing their waters so they can stay non compliant through the years. I also hope someone or group with more money than I files for an injunction to stop all snapper fishing before the season starts, then with will get the attention of the CFH and commercial guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts