Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The commission is meeting on the 4th to discuss this. Looks like the proposal is for a VERY limited season. Steps in the right direction!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I guess writing to the FWC actually does work. Nice to see this :thumbup:

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,433 Posts
It will probably be as ridiculous as the length of red snapper season,
But anything I guess is better than nothing.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Couple of publicized bear attacks didn't hurt.
Now... Can we get some red snapper to attack some humans?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Always have to start somewhere. It will probably be something like Alligator season.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I wonder what you'd do with a bear? Are they good to eat? Skull mount and a rug?
About the color of horse meat, maybe a little darker. Taste was strong to me like mixed dark greens and a bit tuff. It was a bear taken in Vermont. Don't know about Fla bear. Don't think I want a second try at it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I wonder what you'd do with a bear? Are they good to eat? Skull mount and a rug?
Spring bear is actually pretty good. Fall and winter bear not great but down here they probably would taste like a spring bear because we never have any harsh winters and food is always an abundance.

·
Super Moderator
29,893 Posts
Ifin it's 270 to kill a gator.....double that fer a bear probably!!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Taste will depend a lot on diet. This one was already on Salmon for a while, not so good....blueberries in the Alpine, not bad at all.

As far as mounts...Michael Cole has mine now...3/4 mount (had no place for a rug) and the skull of my bear & blacktail together on a table top mount...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ifin it's 270 to kill a gator.....double that fer a bear probably!!!
I believe I read the proposal is for $100. Sounds like 150 total tags for the 5 BMU's.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
I did have bear and cougar at a wild game charity a few years back. They were both pretty good but... alcohol was involved.

Reactions: smokin berlinet

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Are you talking about the 40-45 day season the STATE has or the federal 8 day season established by the FEDS? Let's place blame where it's due. To be quite honest the state collects most of the data that the federal government than turns around and uses to rape and pillage the local fishing industry. Fortunately the great people of the greater Pensacola area voted with some common sense and kept a man in the HOR that actually cares about all areas of the local economy whereas the idiots around District 2 (Panama City, Tallahassee, etc.) felt the environmental lobbyist/liberal Graham would represent North Florida values better than Southerland who actually sat on HOR committee that dealt with issues related to our local economy as far as the use of natural resources are concerned.

But hey I realize this is a hunting forum and not fishing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts