Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the boat a few months ago and have been wondering exactly what this is. Didnt get any info on this when I got it. Thinking it is a thru hull transducer but not sure what model or how to find out so I can select it on sonar. I have a 9 inch and 7 inch Lowrance HDS Gen 3 installed. Lowrance customer service in the past has sucked.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
It is a "Shoot" thru hull X-Ducer. Not a thru hull. Thru hull would actually have a hole thru the hull.

Trace down you cabling. You say you have 2 units....Are they sharing info or have separate X-Ducers? Is there another X-Ducer on the transom?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 7 inch is shared thru the 9 inch (networked). I do have a transom mount transducer also.

I have tried to trace down the cabling but it mainly consisted of tugging the line. Nothing happened at the other end. It goes under the deck so it may be tied up somewhere along the way. I guess my next guess it to try and look at the back of the 9 inch and figure out what exactly is connected as far as transducers I guess.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
My guess is...The shoot thru was original and not in use anymore.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
3,271 Posts
Mine shares transducers also, but I have to go into settings, to transducers, then select which one to use or to run together (split). Also have choices of compatible transducers on the list (if I wanted to upgrade). Maybe yours is the same, look for the transducer in question in the settings selections if you have the original FF it came with.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spent 1.5 hrs on phone with Lowrance today. Figured out my transducer type for the thru hull and that it needs to be selected separately. Will try out that transducer next time I go out. They said my LSS2 that is installed will be auto detected so nothing will need to be done for that.

Was also told if you have a Gen3 and installed the 18.2 update there is a known issue with it causing the sonar to freeze. I have had this issue on and off for a while now. The fix is to install software upgrade v7.0. Lowrance said only capability you lose is the Genesis portion.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts