Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Sounds awesome! I see they even provide kayaks and gear for those who don't have one. Any more info on this? I have a kayak, but my wife does not, and I think she would enjoy getting involved. Where can I get more info or register?

·
Big Dog
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed about that also. I will post something on their facebook page and see if they can fix it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
kayak

Sounds awesome! I see they even provide kayaks and gear for those who don't have one. Any more info on this? I have a kayak, but my wife does not, and I think she would enjoy getting involved. Where can I get more info or register?
OTTE, I have another Kayak you can use anytime you want. Just let me know.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Shoreline (the busiest ramp in Gulf Breeze) during snapper season?! Who thought THAT was a good idea?!
+1 on snapper season and busy ramp. Not to mention all the yahoos on boats and jet skis headed to the boardwalk. Have to keep your head on a swivel.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed by some of these responses. Coming from someone who recently lost a family member to cancer and having another with cancer for the 5th time, I don't give a damn what the conditions are or what time of year it will be! I'll be there in all freaking neon pink from head to toe to be seen! Not to mention if the boaters don't see a large throng of kayakers coming their way, that's all on them. Not us. Yes, it'll be snapper season, guess the snapper won't mind if we're a little late. They usually wait on us anyway, don't like those damn boats. So grow a pair and support a great cause, please!

Manda
Team Tandem Terror

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
I have to admit I'm a little disappointed by some of these responses. Coming from someone who recently lost a family member to cancer and having another with cancer for the 5th time, I don't give a damn what the conditions are or what time of year it will be! I'll be there in all freaking neon pink from head to toe to be seen! Not to mention if the boaters don't see a large throng of kayakers coming their way, that's all on them. Not us. Yes, it'll be snapper season, guess the snapper won't mind if we're a little late. They usually wait on us anyway, don't like those damn boats. So grow a pair and support a great cause, please!

Manda
Team Tandem Terror
Have you ever tried to find a parking spot at Shoreline during snapper season? I have and if the weather is nice its going to be TOUGH. It is a great cause and the wife and I plan on being there BUT that doesnt make it not true that there are 321 better days out of the year that this could have been planned.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't mean to pop off, guys, but we're talking about something that could bring huge awareness and save lives. I know fishing its everything better than some, that's how I've dealt with my loss, but sometimes things are a little more important than fishing. Now that I've said my piece and backed up my personal reasons I'll leave y'all to make your own decisions. Just saying, cancer is a bigger fish to fry...

Manda
Team Tandem Terror

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Thank You!!

OTTE, I have another Kayak you can use anytime you want. Just let me know.

I may have to take you up on that. i have been wanting to get her out there with me. I appreciate the offer.

·
Wicked Awesome
2,254 Posts
Donate Blood!!

I don't mean to pop off, guys, but we're talking about something that could bring huge awareness and save lives. I know fishing its everything better than some, that's how I've dealt with my loss, but sometimes things are a little more important than fishing. Now that I've said my piece and backed up my personal reasons I'll leave y'all to make your own decisions. Just saying, cancer is a bigger fish to fry...

Manda
Team Tandem Terror

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I always try to get people to go with me to donate blood. I go every 3 to 4 weeks to donate my white blood cells. I am a Universal Donor for white cells, which are used to help cancer patients, especially little kids. I encourage everybody to donate blood and to help support research for a cure any way they can.

·
Tangle Master
3,308 Posts
My dad had cancer. I try to donate money and help anytime I can afford it. I will try to make this event. PFF kayakers should make a great showing! This would be a good time to meet one another. Its for a great cause.

·
Broke Yakin
306 Posts
My mom survived cancer twice so I know the score, but sending a fleet of kayaks into danger in the name of awareness might raise awareness of a different kind. I do the breast cancer walk-a-thon most years, but if they told us we were walking down the highway during rush hour without closed roads I'm sure that would make folks think twice.

It appears as though people were concerned about the heavy boat and jetski traffic, not missing a day of snapper fishing.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Alright, so if it's a traffic/parking issue, are there any long open bed trailers for shuttle service from the gb comm center? I think I can scrounge one up and borrow my dads truck for the day. Anyone else think think this is a good idea if we had enough "shuttles" to make a dent? Or am I just trying too hard?

Manda
Team Tandem Terror

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just learned about this event tonight, Great cause...signing up now. Going to try and stretch the legs that everyone keeps telling me my Tarpon 160 has.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts