Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Single click when you turn the key. Sounds dead. Tested battery. 12.8 tested connections 12.8. Tested connection at solenoid/relay 12.8. Dont think there is resistance in the battery cable from the engine. Assuming it's solenoid/relay. $400 part!!! Jeez. Checked the fuses none blown. Whats next? Im not sure if i can bridge the leads and bypass the solenoid like I would my car. Dont feel comfortable with it for some reason. Wanna bench text the starter.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
I just replace the starter solenoid on my Yamaha F 90. If you hear the click that’s telling me you have power to the solenoid. I would turn the key on, and jump the two post. If it starts you know it’s a solenoid. I just replace mine for $40 off Amazon. Of course make sure you have good connections and grounds off the solenoid.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bridged postive on solenoid with starter and starter spins but bendix doesnt go up engage fly wheel. Same thing with someone holding the key on crank.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that picture!!!!! I was bridging the solenoid and starter not the relay. Once i bridged the relay she cranked right up. Much easier fix. THANKS EVERYONE. I freaking love PFF.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You two just saved me a whole lot of grief. I move back down on the 18th and i need this thing turn key hahaha

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
You two just saved me a whole lot of grief. I move back down on the 18th and i need this thing turn key hahaha
Awesome. Mine just went out last week and I replaced it yesterday.
I bought a power probe a couple years ago to troubleshoot cars, boats atv etc.... great tool

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did that aftermarket relay fit into the square mold on the motor and mount like OEM. Looked up the Yamaha one and its $89, 3.5x more.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Did that aftermarket relay fit into the square mold on the motor and mount like OEM. Looked up the Yamaha one and its $89, 3.5x more.
Yes.
it came with a rubber mount around it. I pulled the rubber off and it fit in the motor square mold. I have Yamaha f90 so it should be identical.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts